Whenever Reading based waste management specialist, Select Environmental Services, drafts its annual business plan, the management team is determined to enhance or introduce a new service to the company’s product range. In 2010 it was food waste recycling, and in 2009 – on-site document shredding.
Last year, an off-the-cuff suggestion by one of its directors that maybe the Company should venture into the low-cost junk collection/ removal market, was initially dismissed as a bit of a joke. Why would Select, known for providing a professional and quality-led commercial waste management service, want to enter a sector that was rife with non-compliance on almost every level?
On the other hand, why not?
Prior to 1980, the local junk collector was synonymously known as the ‘Rag and Bone Man’ who would announce his presence by bellowing “Any old Iron,” from his horse and cart. Fast forward to 2012, past the white tipper van brigade and junk collection has just got professional.
Junk Collectors is the creation of that initial idea. It’s a new brand with a strong identity that promotes quality, trust and value for money. All prices are clearly publicised on the Junk Collectors website and there are no hidden extras to pay. If you’re not sure how much junk you have, you can upload a photo and a Junk Collectors team member will calculate the price for you.
Programmes such as BBC’s Rogue Traders have exposed dubious, waste removal operators who charge unrealistic prices to dispose of rubbish and then fly-tip without any concern for the environment, or the landowner who has to pay to clear up the mess, or their customer who, if identified, could be prosecuted.
Disposing of waste correctly is an expensive business. The Government imposed Landfill Tax levy that is charged in addition to the actual disposal cost, has currently reached £64.00 per tonne and is expected to continue to rise. That’s why Junk Collectors aims to recycle as much as 90% of everything collected, with the remaining 10% being treated via Energy-from-Waste recovery.
Junk Collectors provides an alternative choice for both domestic and commercial customers.
Junk Collectors at home
Not so long ago, we all took for granted that whatever rubbish we put out for collection would be picked up by the dustmen with little complaint. And, if you remembered them at Christmas, that little tipple would serve you well for the following year. Then the wheelie bins were introduced which restricted the type and volume of waste the dustmen would collect. After that, for most of us, came the fortnightly waste collections. Junk Collectors provides a low-cost, hassle free solution for that extra waste generated at home that won’t fit in your wheelie bin or recycling receptacles.
Junk Collectors at work
In this day and age of health & safety and risk assessments, it’s a viable option for a business to outsource the collection of junk and bulky waste to a licensed waste management contractor that provides the labour too. Old photocopiers, desks, wood pallets and furniture can all be collected quickly at a time to suit you. As a subsidiary of Select, Junk Collectors also provides on-site document shredding, commercial recycling, general and hazardous waste removal.
Junk Collectors is not just a green choice, it’s a safe choice for both customers and the environment.
Details: John Evans - 0118 975 9000
E: email@example.com www.selectenviro.co.uk
E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.junkcollectors.co.uk